AP Physics 1 is an algebra-based, introductory college-level physics course. Students cultivate their understanding of Physics through inquiry-based investigations as they explore these topics: kinematics; dynamics; circular motion and gravitation; energy; momentum; simple harmonic motion; torque and rotational motion; electric charge and electric force; DC circuits; and mechanical waves and sound.
What is physics?
At Mastery Academic we use Canvas as our learning management system (LMS), which affords us lots of great features to make student learning better. All student work and communication is conducted through the course shell on Canvas. Canvas can be accessed using any browser and also has companion apps for tablets and phones. Within Canvas, students will learn through multiple ways including visual, auditory, and tactile. I strive to provide a learning environment that is successful regardless of your personal learning style and provide a lot of flexibility as far as how to learn the content of the course.
Students will have 2 free tutoring sessions, each 30 minutes long (a $50 value), that they can use during the year to get additional help. This will be automatically included in your purchase. Further sessions are available for purchase here.
- Writing instruments: color nonspecific; HOWEVER, please do not write in highlighter
- Calculator: List of Approved Calculators at https://bit.ly/2Idqwkp
- High speed, broadband Internet
- Sound card and microphone (for live sessions)
- Streaming video capabilities to watch recorded lectures
Additional books and resources may be recommended during the year. A lab material list is available below.
- Readings and Practice: 25%
- Labs: 25%
- Exams: 40%
- Student Professionalism: 10%
Extra Credit will be available at the teacher’s sole discretion and is NOT guaranteed.
Who Should Enroll?
The qualified student:
- is in 9-12th grades (this is mandated by College Board in order to award AP® credit).
- has completed algebra 2 with a B or better (or concurrently enrolled).
- has strong reading and writing skills.
- can work independently and ask for help when necessary.
$695 per student. This includes (2) half-hour tutoring sessions to be used at the student’s discretion. Access to course will start when enrolled and end on May 31, after the AP exam period ends.
Like what you see and want to register? Click here to reserve your spot today!
* AP® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this site.